Thursday, June 16, 2011

The 9 Ghosts of Samen's Bane



  I probably did more research on this book than any other work I've finished to date. Being set in Indianapolis, I wanted to visit a lot of haunted landmarks around town and make the spirits there part of the story. Any one that lives in Indiana knows about the haunted bridge in Avon and Hanna House, their both in there, as well as a few other places. I still remember staying up and working on this all night during a week I had off around Christmas in order to get it done and ready to submit to a writing contest that shall remain nameless in this humble blog. Of the two published authors that were judging the entries, one of them found the first few chapters enthralling and intense while the other had a big problem with the fact that the main character referred to his 4 year old son as a little turd, claiming that this was a form of emotional abuse. This pissed me off to a level I didn't think was possible. Growing up, my dad would always call me and my sister little turds as a term of endearment (as odd as that sounds) and my wife and I do the same with our boys. For this uppity c**t to make a remark like this was an attack at me and my family. Of course her kids are probably strung out on Ritalin and with the nanny all of the time, but that's okay.


I digress.


After being booted out of the contest and trying unsuccessfully to gain an agent, I published the book myself and have received nothing but praise for the story. The 9 Ghosts of Samen's Bane is available now in paperback and ebook form from both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.


Description:
The 9 Ghosts of Samen's Bane follows one father's ordeal with the 9 ghosts that have taken up residence in his mind. What do they want? To use him as a conduit for their amazing abilities with the ultimate goal being the destruction of the powerful god and lord of evil spirits, Samen. 
Full of ancient myth, legends from Indiana's haunted past, and terrifying beings from the twisted mind of Derek A. Schneider, this ghost story is sure to result in many goose bumps and sleepless nights.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment